Installing a Local Slideshow
Important: This document only applies to Showbooth Go. The functionalities referenced in this document are not supported by Showbooth Player.
About the Local Instalation
The device instalation method is useful for testing your slideshow while you are building it, and not recommended for a production environment. While it can run your slideshow, there are some drawbacks:
- It's not possible to update the slideshow without stopping the playback (no automatic updates).
- Because the Apple TV doesn't have permanent storage, there's always the risk that the device might cleanup your slideshow to make space (however, that will never happen while your app is running).
- Not that practical if you're using more than one device.
To install a slideshow locally on your device:
- On Showbooth Go's main screen, click on the button, choose and to create an empty local slideshow.
- Long press on the slideshow to show the menu and select .
- While the Manage Files screen is visible, you'll be able to upload your files to your Apple TV. Add the address and port to your WebDAV client and connect to Showbooth Go.
- Drop your slideshow folder content into your WebDAV client to upload.
- Select when the upload is finished.
Check the article about updating a local slideshow.
Article last updated on June 20th, 2018 [fbc816].