November 8, 2019
Introducing Showbooth Builder
We've been working on this for months, and it's almost ready for release: Showbooth Builder is an app for iPad that lets you easily build, preview and upload your slideshows for Showbooth Go.
The builder is the heart of the app (the app's name may hint it). It lets you build slideshows easily and quickly, with simple tools:
- Add groups and folders to organize the slideshow media.
- Add media from the Files app, through the built-in browser or by draging and dropping using multitasking (you can also drag and drop from Files or Photos if you wish). Files app support also means you can add media from iCloud Drive, a USB drive or external cloud storage providers, like Dropbox, Google Drive or others.
- Easily change settings for your slideshow, groups/folders and media, without having to edit settings text files. Most settings supported by Showbooth Go are supported by Showbooth Builder.
- Overlays: Add title, price or detailed overlays to your slideshows. Easily!
- Preview your work in progress at any time!
Previewing changes you make is an important part of the workflow while building a slideshow, and for that reason we've included most of the Showbooth Go slideshow engine inside Showbooth Builder to make sure the preview is as similar to the end result on your Apple TV. You can preview your slideshow or a particular group/folder of media at any time while building the slideshow.
Previews can be viewed on the device or on an external screen via Airplay or a video output adapter cable. Both mirroring and second scren mode supported.
Uploads (and Imports)
Slideshow deployment is easier, when you're done building your slideshow you can upload it to Showbooth Go on your Apple TV (via WebDAV) or send it to a web server (via SFTP) so multiple Apple TVs with Showbooth Go can download/update slideshows from one address.
You can also import existing slideshows from Showbooth Go (via WebDAV) or from a web server (via HTTP).
Showbooth Builder is currently in beta and should be released in a couple of weeks if all goes according to plan. In the meantime, if you want to give it a try, let us know.
Update: We opened the beta to anyone who wishes to try Showbooth Builder.
Showbooth Builder supports most features of Showbooth Go. Some didn't make the cut for version 1.0, but we are planing on adding them on a future release.
If you'd like to let us know what you think about the app, if you have sugestions, found bugs or need help, drop us an e-mail.